New Hampshire has partnered with the State of Ohio to offer ABLE accounts for New Hampshire residents under a new program called STABLE NH.  These accounts will be managed by Ohio’s STABLE program, which offers ABLE accounts to individuals with disabilities nationwide.  Although New Hampshire residents have been able to enroll in Ohio’s STABLE program since its inception, once STABLE NH launches, New Hampshire residents will be eligible to .



‘I’ve heard about a Medicaid spend-down –

what is that?”



“In a divorce case where there is a child with special needs or a disability, are there special considerations that the family law attorney should be aware of when requesting child support or alimony?”


“The insurance company is suggesting we need a Medicare Set Aside trust. Can you do this? What should it look like?”



If you are a family law attorney, you’re well acquainted with the intricacies of a number of areas when it comes to the dissolution of a marriage – division of marital property, child custody and support, and alimony. However, when that divorce involves a child with special needs, or a spouse with severe disabilities, the picture becomes considerably more complicated. Should you engage the services of a special needs planning attorney? Here .


"I am a personal injury attorney representing a client who was injured in an accident and I want your help with drafting a SNT (Special Needs Trust).

Can you help?”

If you're an attorney who's helping a client obtain a personal injury settlement, you can come to our office and we can help you with drafting a special needs trust. That is something that we do routinely.  And there are different kinds of special needs trusts.

There are .


 Why Would I Need a Power of Attorney?

After years of planning by the disability community and with strong bipartisan support, the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act was signed into law on December 19, 2014. This federal statute added a tool to the planning options available to persons with  disabilities,  and is codified at 26 U.S.C. §529A. Before ABLE accounts may be created, a state must pass legislation establishing a Qualified ABLE Program to administer the  .


“My mom went into a nursing home and lost everything. I want to put my house in an irrevocable trust. Can you help? Is that advisable?”


Many clients come to our office saying that they want to create an irrevocable trust now and they want to put their house in this irrevocable trust now and perhaps other accounts. When you create an irrevocable trust and then you put something into it, you retitle your house into that trust or a bank .

In 1900, average life expectancy in the U.S. was about 47. Today, it’s nearly 80. As we are getting older, the chances of needing long-term or nursing home care has increased dramatically. In fact, one estimate projects that 70% of people turning 65 will need long-term care at some point. If that is you or a loved one, you may be wondering how to pay for nursing home care should it become necessary.

Ann N. Butenhof, CELA
Judith L. Bomster, Esquire
Judith K. Jones, Esquire

Sonia Gianitsis
Renee Lubinski, EA

Administrative Staff
› Denise M. Aiken – Executive Assistant/Office Manager
› Caitlin M. Nelson – Receptionist
› Debra Doyon  Accounting Manager
› Natasha Winslow - Clerk